2 tbsp. active dry yeast
1 tbsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. grated orange peel
6 cups whole-wheat bread flour
1 6 oz. ground sunflower seeds
3 1/2 oz. flaxseed
1. Crush the fennel seeds slightly and mix them with the yeast, salt, sugar, orange peel and whole-wheat flour.
2. Blend in 3 cups of luke warm water; then add the sunflower seeds and flax seed and thoroughly knead the dough.
3. Cover the dough and allow it to rise in awarm place for about 1'/2 hr
4. Punch down the dough. Knead it again,shape it into a long loaf and place it in an oiled loaf pan. Cover the loaf and let it rise again for 1-2 hr.
5. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
6. Place an ovenproof bowl of hot wateron the floor of the oven. Brush the loaf with water and bake it for 40 min.